To manage and deliver the spectrum of career guidance,counseling and development activities in conjunction with other career programs and services team members at the career center.
Key Result Areas:
- Manage, perform and deliver the planning, implementation and evaluation project phases related to career center specialized career guidance, counseling and development initiatives.
- Create, manage, supervisor, implement and evaluate projects related to areas of expertise, in
coordination and cooperation with other stakeholders whenever necessary or requested.
- Devise, manage, supervise and implement career guidance, counseling, and development programs, activities, edutainment games and learning experiences for different age groups, including kids, teens and adults.
- Provide direct and various academic and career counseling and development services to different
stakeholders, namely students and student-influencers, through various set-ups,
channels and platforms
- Provide career coaching, mentoring, training and development to students and student-influencers, in addition to the career center’s staff and other key stakeholders.
- Take shared responsibility for continuity of key operations and for co-managing risks applicable to area of responsibility
- Build and develop critical stakeholders’ relationships in alignment with pre-set objectives.
- Provide all team members with various sorts of
assistance and advices throughout all project phases.
- Assist in developing and managing the career counseling and development budget and revenue generation.
- Other reasonable tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Operating Environment, Framework & Boundaries:
Work is performed in a standard office environment and at event venues. Must comply with QF health, safety, and environment policy as well as legal regulations applicable to areas of responsibility. Work hours and days will vary according to the career center requirements.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Career Programs and Services Manager – regular contact to provide status reports and receive guidance.
- Career center team – frequent contact to provide guidance and receive input
- Partnering institutions and organizations – contact as needed to exchange information and plan.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
- Evaluates different options when solving problems.
- Refrains from drawing conclusions in the absence of clear evidence, takes time to collect facts before developing a solution.
- Considers the medium term as well as immediate short-term impact of outcomes and actions.
- Demonstrates an awareness of the impact of preferred solution on other projects/related
Decision-Making Authority & Responsibility:
- Accepts responsibility / accountability for own decisions and explains the rationale.
- Reviews available information in conjunction with interested parties and arrives at decisions by consensus judging degree of consultation needed to ensure commitment.
- Remains calm and resourceful when making difficult decisions, basing them on facts
- Ensures decisions are taken by self and group after reviewing available information while exhibiting reasonable foresight.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Training and Development|
|Company Industry:||Education, Training, and Library|
more Latest Qatar Jobs