The VAT Specialist will be responsible for, but not limited to:
1. Developing the Indirect Tax/ VAT strategy across the group
2. Implement VAT policies and procedures for accounting, compliance, Provide training to business unit leaders on the implications of VAT
3. Manage the Indirect Tax risk across the group
4. To keep abreast of current developments relating to VAT and other taxation issues in all jurisdictions of GCC and remaining up to date on Tax legislation and updates
5. Lead the overall strategic implementation of VAT into the group as a whole
6. Review how key functions within the organization that will be impacted by VAT
7. Developing VAT training material for the staff.
8. Preparing a high-level design of the IT processes for the changes needed to be made to the IT systems to capture changes in business processes, transactions and arrangements and related input-output VAT in the IT systems.
9. Evaluating current contracts effect and advising to management for necessary actions.
10. Mapping business areas and processes which are likely to require structural changes to comply with VAT requirements.
11. Reviewing business processes involved in the 'supply chain' across all business processes and having discussions with selected team members involved in the 'supply chain' to identify VAT touch-points (such as deemed supplies or items
classified as blocked for VAT Input Tax recovery purposes) arising from any arrangements and their potential VAT impact.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Accounting and Auditing|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
|Nationality:||India; Sri Lanka; Philippines|
more Latest Qatar Jobs