- To introduce students to the French language and francophone cultures of the world.To offer an enriched, hands-on, project-based and collaborative learning environment based on the principles of the PYP. To work with a high level of collaboration with the other teachers in the program as well as the PYP coordinator. To work with the IT Instructional Specialists to infuse technology in the learning process. To be open to the integration of art in the student projects and to learn and apply the principles of brain-based learning in their classroom. To be ready to carry out innovation, action research and show a certain level of creativity in their work.
- To plan for and provide direct instruction of French as a second or third language.
- Planning collaboratively, in the context of the PYP and the AIA curriculum, to build on student knowledge and expertise, develop significant units of inquiry, accommodate a range of ability levels and emphasize connections between curriculum areas.
- Using a range and balance of teaching strategies to differentiate learning.
- Encouraging students to be critical thinkers, involving students actively in pursuing relevant units of inquiry.
- Ensuring that planning, teaching, learning and assessment are interconnected processes, with a view to maintaining a balance of assessment, recording and reporting strategies that involve students, parents and colleagues in the assessment process. The teacher should also ensure students see assessment as a means of describing their learning and shaping future learning.
- Actively participating in professional development with the aim of continually working to improve learning for our students within the learning culture of AIA and the philosophy of the IB PYP.
- Maintaining a professional demeanor and regard for the image of the school and the support of colleagues in all activities , duties and requirements of the school as assigned by the Elementary Principal and PYP Coordinator and outlined in the policies of the school.
- The key responsibility of every teacher at AIA is to be familiar with the values and beliefs expressed in the philosophy of the IB PYP and to work to translate them into daily classroom practice in an international environment.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Teaching and Academics|
|Company Industry:||Education, Training, and Library|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
more Latest Qatar Jobs