The incumbent will be responsible to develop and monitor services and systems for describing and assessing the health, wellbeing, and needs of defined population using a variety of methods. Also, able to identify gaps in surveillance
• Influence decision-making about population health and wellbeing through the presentation, communication and dissemination of data and analysis of health and wellbeing and needs
• Advise others on the collection, analysis and reporting of surveillance and assessment data for specific area of expertise
• Interpret and apply indicators for monitoring the population’s health and wellbeing.
• Working with the risk management section to analyze and disseminate surveillance data at corporate level to monitor communicable diseases trends for action:
1. detection and notification of communicable disease
2. collection and consolidation of pertinent data
3. investigation and confirmation (epidemiological, clinical and/or laboratory) of cases or outbreaks
• The supervision of the Surveillance program at corporate level:
1. Completeness and reporting of the notification form.
2. Help the MoPH on contact tracing, through active follow up of those exposed to communicable diseases, to prevent re-infection reduce ongoing transmission.
3. Review the environmental control measures at
corporate level in case of epidemic.
• Build intensive internal (at the corporation) and external (e.g. MoPH, HMC, etc.) Coordination and collaboration for communicable diseases surveillance.
• Training and capacity building for surveillance in the corporation.
• Developing algorithm for communicable disease prevention and control.
• Ensure that systems are in place to promote optimal treatment of infections and appropriate antimicrobial use.
• Determine and monitor the stage, size and geographical spread of the influenza epidemic in the corporate community
• Determine the severity of the disease to inform appropriate disease control measures and health services planning
• Determine the influenza strains circulating in the community to inform vaccine development
• Determine resistance patterns of influenza circulating in the community to inform antiviral treatment recommendations
• Demonstrate proactive approach to patient safety by thinking what might go wrong in all your undertakings and take necessary measures to prevent them from happening.
• Identify and report potential or actual patient safety concerns, errors and/or near misses in timely manner.
• Follow patient safety-related policies, procedures and protocols.
• Demonstrate as sense of teamwork and effective communication.
• The incumbent will undertake any such related duties or responsibilities as directed.
• Ensure high standards of confidentiality to safeguard any sensitive information.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing|
|Company Industry:||Healthcare, other; Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician; Medical/Hospital|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
more Latest Qatar Jobs