Support the management in achieving departmental results and objectives by performing a range of professional level duties (including coordinating staff-related issues, analyzing operational results, and participating in continuous improvement initiatives)
• Manage all ground operations.
• Achieve optimum individual and team performance through effective and consistent application of approved processes, methods, and practices (PST checks, ISO, best practice methods, contingency arrangements, etc.). Includes clearly communicating specific local requirements and providing accurate information to individuals/teams regarding performance expectations/targets.
• Ensure optimum application of standard processes by working alongside the wider team to observe compliance with best practices. Provide employee feedback and coaching as needed to achieve required standards/compliance. Keep the Country Manager updated on progress made and issues encountered.
• Monitor defined aspects of safety and security for an assigned area in order to identify any non-compliance with outlined Company Standards and wide-ranging legislative requirements. Provide accurate and timely feedback to the Country Manager including recommending specific actions to achieve/exceed the operational targets. Includes continually promoting a safety/security focused work environment to employees and vendors, and advising Customers on relevant requirements/actions needed for their specific business.
• Identify training needs for the team by analyzing operational performance results/statistics and by reviewing the performance of the team against key service indicators. Provide agreed upon job training or coaching to the team, in order to achieve optimum work effectiveness and employee motivation. Document and provide appropriate feedback to individuals and to the Human Resources Department.
• Participate in continuous improvement initiatives related to individual employee, team, and operational issues. Includes benchmarking with relevant areas, developing & implementing corrective action plans, and providing timely communications on progress to relevant parties.
• Support the implementation of change within the workgroup by communicating, instructing, monitoring, and measuring defined aspects of the initiative. Liaise with other relevant functions/areas to provide information and gain support to actions needed.
• Perform a range of analytical and administrative duties including collation, analysis, and distribution of confidential operational information. Create and update computerized and manual records whilst complying with ISO and regulatory standards.
• Review defined elements of the operation (shift patterns, equipment renewal/repair, allocation of duties, etc.). Includes analyzing information and creation of realistic/workable plans.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Logistics and Transportation|
|Career Level:||Senior Executive|
more Latest Qatar Jobs