Directly responsible for all kitchen functions, creating menu, submit technical sheets, preparation and maintenance of quality standards; sanitation and cleanliness; training of staff on methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion control. Contributes in the profitability of the Restaurant and the company.
- Creation the menu of the brand.
- Submit recipes and technical sheet of the menu.
- Ensure that all food related items are consistently prepared and served according to the Restaurant's recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards of the Restaurant.
- Evaluates kitchen personnel in coordination with the Restaurant manager.
- Hires, interviews new kitchen personnel in accordance with the restaurant manager.
- Innovate when needed and with the cooperation of the Restaurant manager.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Prepare all required paper work, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Establish with the Restaurant Manager and review technical sheets with cost control and operations.
- Prepare a monthly inventory with the cooperation of the kitchen team
- Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined product specification and received in correct unit count and conditions in coordination with the purchasing I receiving department.
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, system, standard recipes and waste control in coordination with the Restaurant manager and the finance department.
- Prepare cyclical staff menus in coordination with the Restaurant Manager and according to budgeted amount per head.
- Adhere to local hygiene and sanitation laws.
- Adhere to uniform appearance as per Restaurant policies and procedures.
- Attend head department meetings when requested.
- Perform daily line checks before service starts
Health, Safety and Security
- Maintain the required standard of operational hygiene according to cleaning rotas at all times.
- Be aware of the Restaurant policies and procedures relating to health, hygiene, and fire life safety and ensure your direct reports do the same.
- Familiarize with emergency exits and evacuation procedures.
- Under the assistance of the Restaurant manager work to achieve the budget by monitoring and controlling the departmental operations, considering restaurant and expenditure.
- On an ongoing basis, control and analyze departmental costs to ensure performance against budget; implementing corrective measures where necessary to produce positive business results.
- Comply with the company's corporate code of conduct.
- Familiarize yourself with the company values and model desired behaviors.
- Perform tasks as directed by the Management in pursuit of the achievement of business goals.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Hospitality and Tourism|
|Company Industry:||Catering, Food Service, & Restaurant|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
more Latest Qatar Jobs