The Psychologist will provide high quality case management supervision to junior staff. The SPC will also carry out complex psychological assessments; they will work to reduce the distress and improve the psychological wellbeing of patients through the delivery of cognitive behavior therapy focused therapeutic interventions. The post holder will provide a psychological therapy service to patients referred by physicians and other professionals.
Key Accountabilities & Duties
- To undertake a broad range of psychological assessments, including the use of psychometric tools, self-report measures, rating scales, direct and indirect structured observations and semi-structured interviews with clients, family members and others involved in the client’s care.
- Responsible for supporting and enhancing the safe, professional psychological care of clients, providing psychological assessment and psychological interventions to clients stepped up for more intensive therapy.
- Responsible for providing CBT therapy and treatments for difficulties relating to mental health problems such as anxiety, depression, phobic avoidance and other common mental health problems.
- To take a leadership role in collaboration with the family physicians in the design and implementation of service development projects within the service.
- To develop and run manualised therapeutic groups as appropriate.
- To carry out bio-psychosocial assessments and make decisions about treatment options taking into account the historical issues and developmental processes that have shaped the individual.
- Responsible for providing therapeutic assessments and therapy via a range of modalities including face to face, telephone and other assistive technologies.
- To provide high quality case management supervision to the psychologists and to lead on the Action Learning Sets (ALS)
- To liaise appropriately with stakeholders in order to publicize and champion the service
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing|
|Company Industry:||Healthcare, other; Medical Hospital; Medical Clinic|
|Monthly Salary:||US $4,000|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
|Nationality:||United Arab Emirates; Bahrain; Djibouti; Algeria; Egypt; Iraq; Jordan; Comoros; Kuwait; Lebanon; Libya; Morocco; Mauritania; Oman; Palestine; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Sudan; Somalia; Syria; Tunisia; Yemen|
more Latest Qatar Jobs