1. Technical oversight of Land Programme Activities
• The BQ Solutions Land Programme acts as the Buyer’s representative for a number of major military land vehicle projects. BQ Solutions’ role in these projects is to define capability needs, specify requirements, approach the market, issue tenders and evaluate responses, draft contracts, evaluate compliance against requirements, test & evaluation and establish in-service support arrangements.
• The Technical Manager role is intended to provide technical leadership to the engineers within the Land Programme team, assure the technical accuracy of products produced and oversee the specification of requirements and requirements verification processes.
2. Perform technical review of all land programme deliverables
• Review all technical reports produced by the team.
• Ensure the accuracy of technical products.
• Provide feedback comments to team members.
• Seek outside support where needed where own technical experience is sufficient to adequately review documents.
3. Provide technical support to the engineers within the team.
• Provide technical oversight, guidance and support to engineering staff within the land programme team.
• Establish career progression plans and support professional development reviews.
4. Oversight of Programme Requirements Set
• Programme requirements are defined in User Requirements
Document (URD) and System Requirement Documents (SRD). In total there are many hundreds of requirements defined. These requirements will then cascade down to sub-system requirements.
• The Technical Manager will be required to manage the definition and demonstration of compliance for all user, system and sub-system requirements.
5. Establish and manage the Verification Cross Reference Matrix
• Oversee the development of the Verification Cross Reference Matrix (VCRM).
• Maintain the currency and manage changes to the VCRM.
• Ensure the VCRM is populated as compliance with requirements is demonstrated.
• Critically review acceptability of verification methods proposed
6. Ensure verification and validation testing is appropriate, sufficient and relevant to the configuration
• Review Acceptance test plans and procedures.
• Critically review acceptability of acceptance testing proposed to ensure it is sufficiently rigorous and applicable.
• Ensure acceptance testing is witnessed by appropriate staff.
7. Implement a system for tracking changes to requirements, requirements completion, verification and validation and test & evaluation outcomes
• Implement a requirements capture system that is appropriate to the needs of the project throughout its lifecycle. Examples of such tools may be DOORS, Enterprise Architect or a bespoke tool developed for this project.
• Ensure this tool is populated for the programme.
• Maintain currency and manage obsolescence issues with the tool.
8. Oversee the definition of system and sub-system requirements and ensure all Programme programme partners are working to common sub-system interfaces
• Engage with suppliers to ensure technical requirements across the programmes are understood and addressed.
• Ensure organisational responsibilities for demonstration of compliance are clearly specified.
• Ensure technical conflicts of interest are identified and resolved.
• Review sub-system requirement definition documents and provide feedback suppliers.
• Ensure that sub-system requirements are compatible between sub-systems.
Attend SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR and SQR review meetings
• Attend meetings or delegate attendance to specialists as required.
Identify and communicate risks to achieving compliance for all requirements
• Ensure that risk registers for the programme are maintained
• Communicate risks to successful achievement of programme objectives to the Programme Director and Customer.
11. Facilitate knowledge transfer
• Facilitate the transfer of knowledge of technical requirements management to Qatari nationals.
Necessary knowledge and Experience to be able to do the job
• Previous technical experience in major military acquisition projects
• Deep domain knowledge in some (but not all) of the engineering fields relevant to military land vehicles.
• Sound knowledge of systems engineering processes
• Experience in demonstration of compliance against technical requirements
• Demonstrated understanding of verification & validation, test and evaluation concepts, processes and methods.
• Experience in developing or reviewing acceptance test plans, processes and test reports and the conduct of acceptance testing.
• Strong abilities in the use of Microsoft office products
• Ability to lead a team of engineers delivering compliance finding activities
• Gravitas to be able to direct stakeholders to undertake additional verification or testing when required.
• Ability to work with cross-cultural teams
• Ability to identify, manage and resolve conflicts of interest between programme partners
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Willingness to impart knowledge onto others
• Willingness to take on diverse tasks as needed within the Land programme.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Company Industry:||Military; Security; Consulting Services|
|Nationality:||Australia; United Kingdom|
more Latest Qatar Jobs