• Develop working templates for establishing and tracking project MEP requirements, technical specifications, cost estimations and appointment of contractors.
• Work with the Project Manager to establish key performance indicators for critical MEP parameters on the project.
• Develop systems for reporting to monitor and track MEP technical issues.
• Review the supervision consultant’s procedures for quality checks and site inspections for MEP and monitor processes to address all MEP site related issues.
• Coordinate with the project commissioning consultants to ensure that all projects are commissioned to meet the contract requirements.
• Monitor MEP work such as installation of power Sub Station and Distribution works, UPS, Air conditioning, BMS systems, Lifts, Fire hydrant & protection system, Hydro pneumatic systems, water distribution system and other MEP activities as required.
• Serve as the MEP expert in the PM team for all matters related to design, quality assurance and documentation of mechanical works.
• Acquire a detailed understanding of contract documents (drawings and specifications), phasing plans, MEP systems interrelationships, construction sequencing, and project schedules to advise the project manager as necessary.
• Assist in the development and review of MEP systems for the project. Manage the supervision consultant to approve the contractor’s as-built drawings and submittals and log MEP changes and as-built information.
• Define scope, budget and justification of MEP change work orders.
• Ensure appropriate usage and application of the Project Management System (PMS) with respect to entry and analysis of work related data.
• Oversee the testing and commissioning of MEP equipment and the review and approval process for all mechanical and technical submittals.
• Monitor design consultants and the MEP supervision consultants with regard to approvals and liaise with local authorities and ministerial agencies as necessary.
• Assist project team in negotiations with contractors regarding the value of claims or changes in schedules and prepare recommendations on claims - approval or rejection.
• Assist in development of RFPs/Tenders by QPM as part of the procurement process.
• Coordinate with the Project Manager, Construction Manager (onsite) to collate and analyze periodic reports to help understand project performance against MEP standards and drive remedial actions.
• Interface with client in relation to MEP activities on site.
• Oversee and advise on the estimates prepared by the QS/Cost Control relating to MEP works and collate and analyze periodic cost reports to monitor cost performance
• Coordinate with QA and HSE to monitor compliance by the MEP consultants and contractors with management plans.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Nationality:||India; Sri Lanka; Philippines; Turkey|
more Latest Qatar Jobs