The Medical Coding coordinator shall report directly to the Senior Medical Coding Specialist. This position will perform any and all related job duties as assigned.
• The primary function of a coding coordinator is to ensure coding practices comply with recognised guidelines.
• Assist to direct, coordinate and undertake efficient production and management of ICD coding, DRG / case mix and other duties to clinical information.
• Liaise with both internal and external stakeholders regarding coding queries and coordinate follow-up of queries
• Monitor and evaluate coding statistics to ensure key performance indicators are met.
• Regularly report to the Senior Medical Coding Specialist or Manager / Director HFID on the status of coding and issues relating to the evaluation of information and any significant trends that are observed.
• Ensure confidentiality for patient information used in data collection and reporting systems.
• Undertake projects and quality improvement activities where requested by the Senior Medical Coding Specialist or Manager / Director HFID
• Audit data and procedures and provide training for accountability.
• It may require you to develop coding protocols.
• Maintain the current coding systems and propose ways to enhance overall performance.
• Coordinate your activities and responsibilities with all the stakeholders to achieve an effective coding system.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing|
|Company Industry:||Human Resources|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
more Latest Qatar Jobs