The incumbent will contribute to the organization by taking responsibility for managing and supervising all activities related to the prevention, control, documentation and reporting of acquired infections.
• Support the development, monitoring and evaluation of communicable disease services and programs and related projects within the health centers.
• Ensure a robust monitoring system is in place to ensure that services are delivered in the most efficient manner.
• Liaise with health center staff to ensure policy and procedures are followed.
• Maintain contemporaneous knowledge of best practice in Infection Prevention and Control care delivery.
• Set quality indicators for their area of specialty.
• Coordinate with the Quality and Safety Directorate to monitor the application of quality in relation to set indicators.
• Monitors the utilization of services in health centers and develops plans for improvement.
• Compile communicable disease audit data for the corporation annually, quarterly and monthly performance reports.
• Conduct risk assessments and inspections to ensure compliance to communicable disease standards and criteria
• Investigate and monitor known or potential sources of suspected infections in order to determine sources and ensure control.
• Collaborate with Health Protection Manager in planning and implementation of Infection Prevention and Control awareness campaigns to ensure continued focus on preventing spread of infections and patient safety.
• Monitor disease rates ensuring that the rate is as per or below the international benchmark.
• Identify ideas that will improve the quality of service and issues that negatively impact on patient care and employee satisfaction.
• Collaborate in the integration of pertinent regulatory requirements, accreditation standards, guidelines, and current Infection Prevention
• Participate in the monitoring, review and development of Infection Prevention and Control policies and procedures to ensure they meet legislation and reflect standards of best practice.
• Identify and report potential or actual patient safety concerns, errors and/or near misses in timely manner.
• Follow patient safety-related policies, procedures and protocols.
• The incumbent will undertake any such appropriate duties or responsibilities as directed.
• Ensure high standards of confidentiality to safeguard any sensitive information.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing|
|Company Industry:||Healthcare, other; Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician; Medical/Hospital|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
more Latest Qatar Jobs