- To assist the teacher in planning collaboratively, in the context of the PYP and the AIA curriculum, to build on student knowledge and expertise, develop significant units of inquiry, accommodate a range of ability levels and emphasize connections between curriculum areas.
- To work with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning ofconcepts or skills as designed and prescribed by the teacher.
- To use a range and balance of teaching strategies to differentiate learning in coordination with the teacher.
- To encourage students to be critical thinkers, involving students actively in pursuing relevant units of inquiry, and maintaining a supportive climate for the needs of second language learners.
- To guide independent study, enrichment work, and remedial work set up and assigned by the teacher.
- To guide children in working and playing harmoniously with other children in a variety of settings.
- To assist the teacher in setting up activities in the classroom.
- To assist with such large group activities as drill work, reading aloud, storytelling and supervision of children during recess and play period.
- To check and record student attendance and performance
- To actively participate in professional development with the aim of continually working to improve learning for our students within the learning culture of AIA and the philosophy of the IB PYP.
- To be familiar with the values and beliefs expressed in the philosophy of the IB PYP and to work to translate them into daily classroom practice in an international environment.
- To maintain a professional demeanor and regard for the image of the school and the support of colleagues in all activities, duties and requirements of the school as assigned by the Elementary Principal and PYP Coordinator and outlined in the policies of the school.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Teaching and Academics|
|Company Industry:||Education, Training, and Library|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
more Latest Qatar Jobs