Job Summary (Role Purpose)
The incumbent will be responsible for leading, coordinating, monitoring, and maintaining the credentialing, Privileging, and re-privileging process. Facilitates all aspects of clinical privileging for Medical Staff, Allied Health Professionals, and all other providers outlined in the Credentialing and privileging policy. Ensures interpretation and compliance with the appropriate accrediting and regulatory agencies like QCHP, while developing and maintaining a working knowledge of the statues and laws relating to credentialing and privileging. Responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the credentialing and privileging database system and related applications. Works under the supervision of the Manager, Clinical Licensing, verification and Credentialing.
Key Accountabilities & Duties
- Leads, coordinates, and monitors the review and analysis of health care practitioner applications and accompanying documents, ensuring applicant
- Conducts thorough background investigation, research and primary source verification of all components of the application file.
- Identifies issues that require additional investigation and evaluation, validates discrepancies and ensures appropriate follow up.
- Prepares credentials file for completion and presentation to committee, ensuring file completion within time periods specified.
- Processes requests for privileges, ensuring compliance with criteria outlined in clinical privilege descriptions.
- Responds to inquiries from other healthcare organizations, interfaces with internal and external customers on day-to-day credentialing and privileging issues as they arise.
- Perform any other additional duties related to Credentialing and Privileging functions as assigned by Executive Directorate office.
- Demonstrate proactive approach to patient safety by thinking what might go wrong in all undertakings and take necessary measures to prevent them from happening.
- Identify and report potential or actual patient safety concerns, errors and/or near misses in timely manner.
- Follow patient safety-related policies, procedures and protocols.
- Demonstrate a sense of team work and effective communication.
- Partner with line manager to understand risks in the area of work, develop a plan on how to mitigate those risks, and develop shared accountability for implementing and evaluating the plan.
- Ensure high standards of confidentiality to safeguard sensitive information.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Support Services|
|Company Industry:||Healthcare, other; Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician; Medical/Hospital|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
more Latest Qatar Jobs