- Perform financial analysis and reporting to management as needed.
- Perform month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries
- Coordinate with finance team to complete assigned accounting tasks within deadlines
- Evaluate computerized accounting systems and provide recommendations to IT team for performance improvements
- Generate financial reports and statements to Managers for review
- Analyze financial discrepancies and recommend effective resolutions.
- Monitor expenditures, analyze revenues and determine budget variances and report the same to management.
- Respond to accounting inquiries from management in a timely fashion.
- Provide guidance to other Accountants when needed.
- Assist in budget preparation and expense management activities for assigned accounts
- Assist in auditing activities by providing necessary information and preparing requested documentations.
- Monitor and record financial transactions according to company policies and regulations.
- Review and recommend changes to existing accounting procedures
- Maximizes the hotel cash flow performance through controlling the disbursements.
- Enforces documents and establishes the adequate control system for all expenses for assets protection and ensure that control will not affect the guest service.
- Identifies training needs with develops formal training plans for all accounting staff.
- Establishes and maintaining the effective of the employee relations.
- Performs the accounting staff duties according to the accounting uniform system and the financial controller instructions.
- Maintains the up-to-date accounts analysis and bank reconciliation
- Ensures the completion of the regular reports of month end and year-end closing on time
- Controlling all prepaid and accrual expenses according to the contracts.
- Check and control all payment vouchers before signed by the financial controller.
- Co-ordinate with the financial controller against the accounting staff performance.
- Assists in maintaining accurate and timely financial and operating information.
- Implements and maintains acceptable accounting policies and procedures as required by the hotel's policy and procedure and by the financial controller.
- Leading the accounting staff to the best performance and building the teamwork inside the accounting department.
- To continually check the accounts payable in order that no outstanding bills are kept pending
- Assists the financial controller on the performance appraisals of the accounting staff.
- Journal entry to general ledger account.
- General ledger accounts bookkeeping.
- Preparing all the monthly closing financial reports.
- Relieving the financial controller during his absence and or vacation.
- Keeping a good relation between the governmental authorities and the hotel in a good condition by ensure that all payments dues to these authorities paid on time by the right way.
- Checking the payroll statements and keep it going by the right way.
- Keeping a very good relation between the accounting dept. and all other dept.’s by co-operation with them all the time.
- Attending the general manager’s meetings and daily briefing.
- Keeping the daily work of all accounting staff going well by supporting them and coaching them.
- To check the working and the reports of the night auditor and the income auditor.
- To constantly check and reduce the aging and make efforts for speedy collection of the bills and pass on information to the financial controller on doubtful accounts.
- To check and sign all documents before the financial controller and general manager approval.
- To follow up daily work for all accounting team and keep guiding them to the best performance.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Accounting and Auditing|
|Career Level:||Senior Executive|
more Latest Qatar Jobs