Job Summary (Role Purpose)
The incumbent will contribute to the organization by supporting the Director of Pharmacy in the overall planning, implementation and monitoring of Pharmacy Services
Key Accountabilities & Duties
- Support the Director of Pharmacy to develop a strategic vision for the corporation’s Pharmacy Services and provide professional leadership in all areas of Medication Management including standards of pharmacy practice, quality assurance, risk management and clinical governance
- Support the Director of Pharmacy to develop the corporation’s Medicine Management Strategy to ensure the development and provision of high quality pharmacy services that are efficient, cost effective and professional in nature
- Support the Director of Pharmacy to establish communication and strong working relationship with key stakeholders both internal and external in a timely, appropriate and effective manner to ensure provision of joined up care
- Support the Director of Pharmacy to develop a strategic vision and a strategic plan for designing and delivering a modern medicine management system that includes an updated pharmacy system and electronic prescribing systems in line with the corporation’s corporate strategic plan
- Support the Director of Pharmacy to advise the organization on all aspects of the corporation formulary in accordance with good medicines management practice
- Support the Director of Pharmacy and other Directors with advice regarding matters that requires specific Pharmacy knowledge either technical or professional.
- Work with other Directors to ensure Medication Management & Pharmacy service are aligned with the corporation’s overall corporate vision, mission, and values and that organization’s corporate objectives are met
- Support the Director of Pharmacy to work closely with workforce planning (recruitment, retention, Job descriptions, staff benefits etc.) to ensure competent and cost effective staffing is maximized
- Represent Pharmacy services in internal and external groups, committees, and forums.
- Support the Director of Pharmacy to lead on all aspects of clinical governance related to Pharmacy services including management of incidents, prescribing errors, risks and complaints
- Support the Director of Pharmacy to work closely with the Medical Director and support the development and implementation of Clinical Governance Framework across the organization
- Support the Director of Pharmacy to contribute to the corporation’s health Informatics strategy, including provision of appropriate clinical and information governance advice
- Support the Director of Pharmacy to ensure all guidelines, policies and procedures related to pharmacy services are in place to promote high quality care that comply with the corporation’s approved ACI (Accreditation Canada Standards) Standards and National Legislations
- Support and participate in the Clinical Privileging process of the Pharmacy Staff in collaboration with Clinical Licensing and Privileging team
- Support the Director of Pharmacy in collaboration with Operations and Workforce Training Directorates to ensure appropriate competencies of pharmacy staff are being assessed
- Support the Director of Pharmacy to ensure that the aspects of patient safety, risk management, and quality improvement are embedded in all the processes under the Pharmacy area of responsibility (in collaboration with the Quality Directorate).
Support the Director of Pharmacy to foster a culture of safety, where staff feels encouraged to raise concerns and report incidents without fear of disciplinary procedure.
- Support the Director of Pharmacy in identifying all Pharmacy staff training and development needs (ensuring Pharmacy Staff can meet new clinical standards, new practices regulations, comply with new policies, procedures or protocols and competencies) in coordination with the Workforce Development and Operations Management.
- Support the Director of Pharmacy in identifying all Pharmacy staff training needs (through competency assessments, and Privileging) and work in collaboration with Workforce Training Department and the Operations Team ensure timely delivery
- Support the Director of Pharmacy in monitoring the delivery of Pharmacy Services in health centers to ensure they are adhering to the international best practice & standards set by the corporation.
- Support the Director of Pharmacy in monitoring all standard and improvement initiatives relating to Pharmacy Services within primary care, evaluate the progress, ensure compliance and provide monthly update reports.
- Support the Director of Pharmacy to liaise with clinical audit and clinical effectiveness in development and review of audit criteria, and monitor the clinical audit reports to ensure compliance to relevant guidelines.
- Support the Director of Pharmacy in designing, developing and regularly submit necessary reports including key performance indicators for Pharmacy Services in the corporation with recommendations for continuous improvement in conjunction with Quality Department
- Support the Director of Pharmacy to provide guidance in conducting research
& surveys (International, National, Regional or Local) with respect to Pharmacy Services.
- The incumbent will undertake any such related duties or responsibilities as directed.
- Ensure high standards of confidentiality to safeguard any sensitive information.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Company Industry:||Healthcare, other; Medical/Hospital; Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician|
more Latest Qatar Jobs