The College of the North Atlantic - Qatar is inviting nominations and applications for the position of Faculty Affairs Academic Manager. Reporting to the Associate Vice President (AVP) Academic Quality, the Faculty Affairs Academic Manager must be a proven leader with the skills and expertise necessary to fully implement the College’s mission and vision.
College of the North Atlantic - Qatar Profile:
The beautiful and culturally progressive State of Qatar is home to the world class post-secondary institution, College of the North Atlantic-Qatar (CNA-Q). Internationally recognized as a comprehensive technical college, CNA-Q is committed to high quality, student-centered education. This commitment is reflected through state-of-the-art facilities, accessible and responsive technology programs and strong partnerships with industry.
With more than 600 staff and 2,400 students, CNA-Q is one of Qatar’s largest post-secondary institutions offering over 30 diploma programs through student-centred learning. By providing training in a range of technical areas including Engineering Technology, Health Sciences, Industrial Trades, Business Studies and Information Technology, CNA-Q brings the State closer to the goals of Qatar National Vision 2030.
Since opening in 2002, CNA-Q has over 5,000 graduates who are proudly contributing to Qatar’s knowledge-based economy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
This position requires an energetic and enthusiastic individual who will development and implementation of Faculty Affairs business plan in alignment with CNA-Q’s strategy through departmental initiatives and projects. The incumbent is also required to ensure that the Faculty Affairs programs are designed, developed and implemented in alignment with CNA-Q’s strategic direction. This includes leading, managing, directing and monitoring the activities of faculty affairs with the aim to improve quality and efficiency of the academic workforce at the College.
Candidates should have an outstanding record of teaching, industry, and administrative experience, and possess the qualifications necessary for senior-level leadership appointment at the College of the North Atlantic - Qatar. The Faculty Affairs Academic Manager reports to the Associate Vice President (AVP) Academic Quality and is expected to provide leadership and management in support of the Associate Vice President (AVP) Academic Quality in the following areas:
Budgetary, Leadership and Strategic:
The Faculty Affairs Academic Manager is expected to:
- Support in the formulation of CNA-Q’s strategy.
- Lead the development and implementation of Faculty Affairs business plan in alignment with CNA-Q’s strategy through departmental initiatives and projects.
- Contribute in the policy development initiatives for Faculty Affairs and lead its implementation.
- Develop and monitor the implementation of Faculty Affairs’ procedures, processes, guidelines.
- Monitor performance of the Faculty Affairs vis-à-vis established KPIs on a regular basis.
- Develop and monitor the annual budget of Faculty Affairs’ in conjunction with the Vice President.
- Participate in CNA-Q wide collaborative strategic activities with cross functional departments and other Schools to achieve the goals of the annual plan.
- Attend leadership and management meetings as required and participate in initiatives to support CNA-Q’s strategic goals.
The Faculty Affairs Academic Manager is responsible to:
- Manage all Faculty Affairs activities covering profiling of faculty candidates, performance management, faculty policy.
- Develop and implement Faculty policies related to promotions process, performance appraisal criteria, and other matters of an academic nature, in alignment with applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure an effective communication on matters related to the Academic Staff.
- Provide advice and guidance on disciplinary issues, and support line management during formal disciplinary action processes.
- Oversee the adherence and compliance to the faculty policy and resolution of academic employee grievances and disciplinary actions, while ensuring adequate support is provided to CNA-Q academic employees.
- Support the promotion committee by assessing academic staff promotion cases based on the performance appraisals, and oversee the promotion process in the faculties.
- Provide support to the recruitment efforts of faculty by conducting interviews, handling and coordinating recruitment activities related to faculty employees, in coordination with School Deans and AVP Academic.
- Provide support to the Deans, AVP Academic and VP Academic in performance evaluation process of faculty by defining appraisal criteria, and communicating and explaining them to the academic staff; liaise with Human Resources as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Human Resources to solve issues relating to people, performance management, and faculty relations.
The Faculty Affairs Academic Manager is responsible to:
- Provide professional development support and perform periodic performance reviews for direct subordinates based on CNA-Q’s Employee Performance Management framework to ensure continual high performance of employees in alignment with the College's mission and mandate.
- Contribute to the development of workforce plans for the Faculty Affairs in conjunction with Associate Vice President Academic Quality and Human Resources.
- Contribute to the development of employees through identifying appropriate learning and development opportunities.
- Contribute to the recruitment of talent within the Faculty Affairs in conjunction with Human Resources.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Company Industry:||Education, Training, and Library|
more Latest Qatar Jobs