The Paralegal shall assist the General Counsel in matters related to legal activities, contracts, agreements, corporate governance, compliance, engaging the external law firms, consultants, etc. and with the preparation of documents necessary to comply with regulations in the conduct of business activities. Provide the necessary secretarial and clerical support in order to ensure the flow of activities in an effective and organized manner.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Assist the General Counsel in assessing and advising senior managers about requirements and laws with potential legal obligations relevant to the company's operations, reputation, and strategic objectives.
- Maintain contacts with internal departments through regular follow up to ensure the successful completion of all required tasks.
- Review, draft and assess non-complex agreements.
- Assist the General Counsel in reviewing and preparing legal documents.
- Assist in negotiations (i.e. deals and settlements) with regards to legal advice and support.
- Maintain regular review and monitor new and updated local laws, legislations and government regulations and inserting the applicable laws in the intranet legal folder accordingly.
- Create and maintain corporate minute books; follow up on corporate compliance issues.
- Maintain regular update of legal records such as CR, ID and follow up with the concerned for renewing the same.
- Maintain a checklist of daily activities i.e. updates for prioritization and reference purposes.
- Record legal cases hearing dates and follow up with the external lawyers for timely update.
- Arrange meetings and coordinate schedules of the General Counsel and communicate with the concerned parties/department to manage the same (confirmations / reminders/ logistics etc).
- Provide administrative assistance to the General Counsel in preparing the materials related to committees and the Board of Directors meetings and Shareholders General Assembly.
- Handle the criticality and prioritization of phone calls, facsimiles and emails in order to assist the department with the time management process.
- Receive, sort and distribute mail and facsimiles, prepare and arrange for the distribution of outgoing mail and facsimiles.
- Maintain the filing system of all related documentations in order to facilitate future referencing and easy accessibility.
- Prepares LPOs as requested and when required.
- Follow, store and make available all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Attend meetings as requested by the immediate manager to take and circulate meeting minutes. Draft and/or type reports and correspondences in order to ensure consistency and standardizations of formats.
- Research information as required by the General Counsel.
- Organize and coordinate conferences and travel arrangements as requested.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
|Nationality:||United Arab Emirates; Austria; Belgium; Bahrain; Switzerland; Germany; Djibouti; Denmark; Algeria; Egypt; ; Spain; Finland; France; Great Britain (UK); Greece; Ireland; Iraq; Iceland; Italy; Jordan; Comoros; Kuwait; Lebanon; Luxembourg; Libya; Morocco; Mauritania; Netherlands; Norway; Oman; Portugal; Palestine; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Sudan; Sweden; Somalia; South Sudan; Syria; Tunisia; United Kingdom; Yemen|
more Latest Qatar Jobs