The essential duties of the Senior Estimator are to develop and present accurate and complete estimates based on preliminary and final designs which will provide our customers with high-quality solutions at the most competitive cost.
Role & Responsibilities
• Develop a full understanding of company estimating policies and procedures, and company standards and comply with these at all times.
• Work on estimate types including: conceptual, negotiated, hard bid; and from varying levels of design documents from conceptual only to highly detailed.
• Successfully utilize estimating systems and software for the completion of estimates (e.g. Timberline, On-Screen Takeoff, Candy).
• Coordinate estimating efforts with other members of the company’s estimating staff and operations staff as required.
• Read, understand, and utilize mechanical, electrical, civil, structural and architectural drawings as key components of the estimating process.
• Identify scope of work, perform quantity takeoffs, and prepare cost estimates from various levels of design
• Solicit quotations from material vendors and subcontractors, evaluate responses and make recommendations. Complete buy out the process of subcontractor proposals when required.
• Quality proposal writing and presentations to describe the proposed solution and respond to requirements. Provide written text to illustrate the understanding of the requirements and the plan designed to achieve the owner’s goals.
• Develop innovative suggestions and methods for completing projects to enhance project’s effectiveness and overall financial benefits to all parties.
• Successful turnover and continued involvement with other members of the estimating staff as well as the company’s operations staff.
• Ensure estimates are complete, well organized and presentable in a quality format for review by the estimating and project teams.
• Work with minimal direction, manage time to meet tight project schedule deadlines and successfully complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Work with professionalism at all times including with Supervisor, peers in the department, others within the company, and all external contacts including subcontractors, material contractors, owner’s representatives, etc.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Construction and Building|
more Latest Qatar Jobs