• Perform independent, objective assurance and consulting activities to add value and improve the organization's operations in addition to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, internal control, and governance processes by providing recommendations for improvement.
• Act as a Replacement for the Head of Audit Services during his absence.
• To perform audit assignments related to, but not limited to, all subsidiary companies as per the Audit plan.
• To execute ad-hoc/ special assignments as and whenever assigned by the Head of Audit Services and/ or Manager Internal Audit.
Detailed Roles and Responsibilities:
a. Actively contribute to the development of the Annual Audit Plan by identifying activities for audit coverage, evaluating their significance and assessing the degree of risk.
b. Execute the approved Annual Audit Plan (audit review or follow-up review):
• Prepare for and participate in the kick-off meeting.
• Brainstorm with the audit team members, prepare and draft the audit assignment work program and present it for approval.
• Execute the fieldwork in order to achieve the objectives identified in the audit assignment work program.
• Audit the systems established to ensure compliance with UDC’s policies and procedures, other governmental and international laws and regulations.
• Identify and suggest new objectives during the fieldwork if applicable and update the work program accordingly after discussing the new objectives with the Head of Audit Services.
• Perform the following: reviewing, testing, verification, inspection, observation, inquiry, interviewing, re-performance, and analysis of data in order to assess the audited area’s operations.
• Conduct periodic meetings with the Head of Audit Services to summarize the results of the audit activities.
• Conduct periodic meetings with the audited unit’s Management to brief them about the progress of the audit review.
• Maintain proper documentation of the audit review and make sure that the work done is timely.
• Analyze the observations with the audit team.
• Discuss the observations with the audited unit’s Management and agree on the actions to be taken to mitigate the identified risks.
• Draft the audit report which includes the noted observations along with the recommendations to be submitted.
• Prepare the final report for submittal to Senior Management.
• Prepare the audit review’s supporting documents.
• Review observations or reports prepared by other audit team members in order to ensure that they are accurate, objective, clear, concise, and constructive.
c. Execute ad-hoc assignments required by IAD Management by following procedures similar to the ones followed in executing regular audit reviews. Adjustments to the procedures are consulted with the Head of Audit Services.
d. Handle (or assist other audit team members in) the special reviews/assignments that are:
• Requiring investigation (such as suspected fraudulent activities);
• Including highly confidential data;
• Requiring meticulous review.
e. Prepare the results of the special review and share it with the Head of Audit Services for their review then subsequently participate in the finalization of the special review with the concerned parties.
f. Elevate concerns noted during the fieldwork or other daily activities to the Head of Audit Services and discuss and identify resolutions.
g. Assist in Preparing summary of the result of planned or ad-hoc audit reviews for the IAD periodic presentation to the Audit Committee.
h. Participate in the process of preparing and developing IAD methodology.
i. Participate in the periodic update of the IAD Manual and Charter.
j. To undertake any other duties that may be required as determined by Head of Audit Services or Manager Internal Audit.
k. Keep informed of emerging trends and successful practices in internal auditing.
l. Participate in the exercise aimed at ensuring compliance with the QFMA requirements especially in regards to the Audit Department and Audit Committee deliverables.
Problem Solving :
• During audit assignments, misunderstandings with or lack of cooperation from the audited units might be encountered in addition to potential miscommunication among departments in case of audits involving several departments. In such cases, the Senior Internal Auditor is required to elevate the noted concerns to the Head of Audit Services and the Manager Internal Audit. Subsequently, the Senior Internal Auditor is required to evaluate and select the appropriate problem solving technique and attempt to solve such problems in coordination with IAD Management.
The Senior Internal Auditor is accountable towards:
• IAD Management;
• Audited Unit’s Management;
• UDC Executive Management; and
• Audit Committee
In providing objective opinion on the reviewed process/ activity supported by accurate, reliable, clear and complete information.
• The incumbent should always comply with the IIA standards and code of ethics and the Company’s policies and procedures and the code of conduct.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Accounting and Auditing|
|Company Industry:||Construction/Civil Engineering; Construction; Real Estate|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
more Latest Qatar Jobs