Job Purpose: Handle all operational functions involved with client investments at Qatar Stock Exchange.
Customer - Back office – periodic/occasional contact with external customers as part of executing job responsibilities. Mostly focused on internal service delivery.
Internal Process - Focuses on process accuracy, integrity & efficiency. Aimed at ensuring that all employees question, recommend or improve the work processes under their direct control on an ongoing basis.
Learning and Development: Employee to identify training and development needs apart from what is recommended by line manager. Maintain effective work relationships with other individuals/teams in the Bank outside won work team and functional area.
Financial: Recommends or influences expenditure but has not direct expenditure authority. Primary responsibility is to control cost and prevent wastage.
Check and approve all reconciliations for related suspense/GL accounts in the required frequency and ensure that all receivables and payables are accounted for in the reconciliation statement. Any variances which could be adjusted by the Processor must be checked.
Ensure all transactions executed at QE for the day are processed and entries posted.
Ensure all trades in FIT matches with QCSD data and Equation postings
Submit daily reports to Finance as per checklist
Track all late settlements and error trades and escalate as required
Identify training and development needs for self and direct reports and obtain management approvals for the same. Facilitate effective work relationships with other individuals/teams in the Bank outside own work team and functional area. By means of selective checks, ensure that activities as documented in Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and checklists are implemented and followed at all times. Where an activity is not documented by an SOP, initiate preparation/amendment and finalization of the same in accordance with bank’s guidelines
Encourage team members in continually raising and documenting process improvements and assist/support them towards implementation, the intention being to raise the benchmark. Track and document errors and encourage team members to use this information to initiate changes.
Identify and document processes in line with regulatory requirements and accepted efficient practices for newly launched products/services. Assume a proactive role in liaising with department Heads and external parties.
Report any adverse events / gaps in SOP’s / violation of bank’s policies to line manager and ensure these are managed in a manner where the negative effects are significantly reduced
Ensure activities in a process, whether undertaken by front office or Operations, conforms to regulations and report to line manager where a violation is noticed.
Ensures that all finalized audit recommendations are implemented within the agreed timeframes Security Procedures
• Notify supervisor/ manager of any cash difference observed in process or other anomalies as and when identified, to help trigger appropriate action and consequent resolution of the issue.
• Assist in any investigation by providing the required information.
• Maintain all record files as per standards and requirements and ensure all records are complete and up to date so that the required information is readily available.
• Manage required stationery stocks and place orders for replenishment.
• Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices in order to facilitate cost optimization and productivity improvement. Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures.
• Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner. Statements and Reports.
• Assist in the preparation of timely and accurate departmental statements and reports to meet CBQ and department requirements, policies and standards. Quality, Health, Safety, & Environment.
• Ensure all relevant quality, health, safety and environmental procedures, instructions and controls are adhered to so that the safety of employees, quality of products/services and environmental compliance can be guaranteed.
• Perform other related duties or assignments as directed.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Company Industry:||Human Resources|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
more Latest Qatar Jobs