The Senior Legal Specialist will be required to work with members of all teams within the Health Insurance Department to Oversee all legal services pertaining to the activities of the Social Health Insurance Scheme including the drafting of all legal documents issued by the Authority
The Legal Specialist will be expected to have expert knowledge of Health Insurance Regulations and along with all other relevant health law passed in the State of Qatar, and form legal opinion on the implications of both upon the implementation of the SHIS.
They will be required to work in a highly challenging environment and demonstrate an ability to advise on policy, compliance and legal matters relating to the SHIS. The Senior Legal Specialist will provide legal advice in the form of written and verbal advice in the development of policy, review of regulatory documents and procedures that are developed by the heads of all Sections of the Authority. They will also be required to produce clear, coherent and concise documents highlighting legal opinion across all areas health insurance as and when required.
As a result, it is expected that the Senior Legal Specialist will be required to sit on expert panels where required and provide accurate input and sound legal advice with regard to the outputs of such.
They will also be required to advise specific teams on matters of interest such as Health Insurance registration, Health insurance Compliance and Regulatory Operations to include disputes and appeals.
Nature and Scope of Position:
Core work will include:
1. The application and interpretation of the health insurance Law and the Implementation Regulations to all decisions made by the Authority;
2. Act as legal advisor to the Authority under the guidance of the Head of the Regulatory Operations;
3. Being called on to examine issues related to the structure and patterns of behavior in markets, which may include but would not be limited to studies of competition
4. Providing legal advice around policy and procedure development in both written and verbal form;
5. The assessment of applications to be licensed under the Social Health Insurance Scheme; and
6. The Legal Specialist may be required to liaise with organizations across , including but not limited to healthcare providers, Private Health Insurers (PHI), Third Party Administrators (TPA), Brokers and intermediaries as and when required. The y will also be required to liaise with other regulators internally (within the Authority and externally.
7. Identifying and analyzing all legal risks and may face and developing and overseeing the implementation of strategies to mitigate these risks.
8. Representing in all legal proceedings including coordinating with the Section dealing with Fraud, Waste and Abuse about relevant cases.
9. Managing and actively participating in all contract service agreements negotiations with vendors.
10. Advising the body in all Audit functions according to the Law and the Implementing Regulations.
11. Preparing and formulating decisions and directives related to the activities and expresses viewpoints on the relevant legislative tools including recommendation on regulations and law changes for consideration by the Minister and Higher Authorities.
12. Keeping pace with the changes and modifications introduced to the local, regional and international agreements and legislations, and studying their effect .
13. The incumbent will be making local and international phone calls during and outside of the working hours, as necessary in order to facilitate and expedite outcomes.
14. The incumbent will be attending meetings, conferences and workshops, and give presentations to address any issue related to his/her job, whether within the premises or in any locations within Qatar, or even internationally.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
Skills, knowledge and abilities normally acquired through:
Formal Education Requirement
Master’s Degree in law or relevant qualification.
Bachelor’s Degree in law.
Minimum of 15 years’ of experience in legal affairs business in health insurance settings; and
A pragmatic and commercially minded lawyer.
Public and private insurance work experience is preferable.
Experience with health insurance regulatory organization is a plus.
1. Demonstrate ability as a trusted in-house lawyer, providing high calibre legal advice;
2. Flexibility in outlook and able to turn to a range of issues at any given time;
3. Ability to work well with colleagues at all levels including senior management;
4. A committed team player as well as someone who can work alone; and
5. Strong communication skills.
6. Arabic language is a must in addition to English.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Company Industry:||Healthcare, other|
|Monthly Salary:||US $5,000|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
|Nationality:||United Arab Emirates; Bahrain; Djibouti; Algeria; Egypt; Iraq; Jordan; Comoros; Kuwait; Lebanon; Libya; Morocco; Mauritania; Oman; Palestine; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Sudan; Somalia; Syria; Tunisia; Yemen|
more Latest Qatar Jobs