Duration: Min 6 Months, extendable based on project requirement
• B.Sc. Eng or equivalent or Diploma in Mechanical/ Instrument/ Electrical/ Civil Engineering from a recognized university.
• Middle east/Gulf experience will be an added advantage/preferences
• Proficiency in English Language (Speak, Read and Write)
• Understand and follow plant safety standards and procedures.
• 8-10 years work experience in refinery or petrochemical Oil and Gas plant in field maintenance.
• Follows instructions provided by superiors and understands, respects chain of command.
• Actively supports customers and creates a team work environment
• Ensure the implementation of and adherence to Company policies and procedures which govern the purchasing of goods and services and the disposal of assets on behalf of the Company
• Capable of working independently, with a minimum of supervision.
• Knowledge of current market trends and developments (to support operations)
• Monitor and control compliance with complex agreements and tendering
• Vendor negotiations leading to contract or purchase order award
• Receives, verifies and actions purchase requisitions (PR’s) – for spare parts, materials and supplies.
• Documentation / Records in accordance with relevant policies and procedures
• Should have a thorough knowledge and hand on experience in respective fields.
• Strong co-ordination & interpersonal skills.
• Working knowledge of procurement applications of SAP software
• Working knowledge in MS Office.
Job Requirements (but not limited to)
• Professional relationships with vendors / suppliers – established / maintained
• Technical and procedural discussions with vendors / suppliers – as required
• Preparation of bidders lists
• Issue of purchase orders and of supply agreements
• Maintenance of procurement filing system
• Issuing of tender enquiries and open tender documentation
• Evaluation of tenders and recommendations to Tender Committee participants
• Computer literate – Word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software packages
• Comfortable working with figures and calculations
• Experience of purchasing within the Petrochemical industry – preferably in Middle East region
• Knowledge of shipping and freight terms and conditions
• Position provides service to internal customers requires service orientation & good liaison and cooperation skills.
• Role requires high level of personal and professional ethics and strict adherence to set policies and procedures at all times.
• Expected to handle routine procurement matters - guidance from Senior Buyer & Materials Manager if required
• Individual tasks as directed by team leader
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Oil and Gas|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
more Latest Qatar Jobs