-Direct a comprehensive program of Internal Audit for the company to ensure that internal
control systems for reliability and integrity of financial, operational and information technology are reviewed at appropriate intervals and effective recommendations are made for corrective actions as required.
-Update and implement the Internal Audit Function Charter in accordance with the Standards from the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
Internal Audit Charter
- Develop, implement and maintain the Internal Audit Charter and champion the Internal Audit Function throughout the company
Strategic Audit Plan
- Develop the strategic audit plan for 1 to 3 years. This will define the audit assignments to be done on a yearly basis.
- Submit the Strategic Audit Plan to the Audit Committee for approval.
- Review the Strategic Audit Plan at the beginning of each year to reconfirm the status and nature of risks, and to validate whether
changes to the systems have affected the risk assessment results.
- Obtain the Audit Committee approval on the changes to the Strategic Audit Plan.
Annual Audit Plan (AAP)
- Develop and present the AAP for the year. This includes operational audits, performance audits, compliance audits, financial audits and
information technology audits.
- Monitor the implementation of the AAP and suggest changes to the plan when required and approve the changes accordingly.
- Develop and present the risk assessment table for the company.
- Audit Team Management & Development.
- Lead the preparation of financial and manpower budgets of the Internal Audit Function for the year.
- Coordinate the Internal Audit recruitment process.
- Prepare, update and maintain the Internal Audit Manual.
-Ensure Internal Audit teams comply with the Internal Audit Charter and follow the procedures listed in the Internal Audit Manual.
- Support proper professional development for Internal Audit staff, including proper training, counseling and implementation of a transparent appraisal system.
- Agree with staff on the set targets and the professional
development plan for measuring performance.
- Provide the technical expertise on any related assigned duties, and have responsibility for the update of the knowledge base and skills required for the execution of the Internal Audit assignments.
- Allocate the assignments under the AAP to seniors.
Audit Committee reporting
- Obtain approval for the AAP from the Audit Committee
- Present the Internal Audit findings to the Chairman and to the Audit Committee on a quarterly basis.
- Submit the Annual Report recapping the performance of the Internal Audit Function during the year.
- Plan the execution of special investigations requested by the Audit Committee.
Follow - up Reports
- Plan follow-up assignments for audits completed during the year. This will include the follow-up on the implementation of the actions agreed with the management based on the recommendations raised.
- Report to the Audit Committee the status of the follow-ups.
- Co-develop the Expectation.
- Meet with the Internal Audit team and set the expectation for the audit assignment as per the
- Co-develop the risk assessment with the team and client and communicate risks to the Audit Committee
- Agree the communication protocol with the team and the Auditee management and identify the Internal Audit Liaison within the Auditee Function.
Professional Conduct & Development
Training & Counselling
- Develop and approve a training program for internal audit staff.
- Ensure that internal audit staff enrolled in the training program.
- Conduct regular counselling sessions with the employees and provide regular feedback about the performance and how to improve on the area of weaknesses.
- Ensure proper induction and training for newly recruited staff before starting any audit assignment.
- Ensure that all internal audit staff sign the Government code of conduct.
Professional Development & Appraisals.
- Participate in details in producing a professional development plan for each employee.This will include the professional certification to be obtained which is relevant to the assignments done.
- Review and sign off the completed staff appraisal for each audit assignment and discuss it with the staff and agree on development measures.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Accounting and Auditing|
|Company Industry:||Financial Services|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
|Nationality:||United Arab Emirates; Bahrain; Djibouti; Algeria; Egypt; Iraq; Jordan; Comoros; Kuwait; Lebanon; Libya; Morocco; Mauritania; Oman; Palestine; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Sudan; Somalia; Syria; Tunisia; Yemen|
more Latest Qatar Jobs